SDGs Philosophy for the World
We, Maruzen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. endorse the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) proposed by the United Nations and consider it our responsibility to proactively contribute to the achievement of the SDGs, and through our business activities, we will work to solve social and environmental issues and contribute to the achievement of the SDGs.
Reduction of environmental impact
We will strive to protect the global environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions through the promotion of initiatives that take into account the environmental impact of our business activities.
- Establishment of a waste recycling program at Kui Farm that composts the waste residues derived from the Factory.
About Kui Farm
- Establishment of an environmental management system and implementation of regenerative agricultural program that aims to raise enviornmental awareness within the company
- Implementing energy conservation in factories and offices through the introduction of energy-saving equipment and LED lighting
- Promoting energy with reduced environmental impact (conversion to LNG, introduction of solar power generation)
- Water resource conservation through wastewater treatment and thorough water quality control
Fair Business Practices
We aim to be a company that is trusted by our partners, business partners, and community members by practicing corporate activities in full compliance with laws and regulations through the united efforts of our directors and employees.
- Establishment of internal rules and systems for thorough legal compliance and ongoing awareness-raising
- Explicit prohibition of corruption and bribery
- Thorough management of information through state-of-the-art security measures
- Establishment and disclosure of personal information protection policy and regular audits of information management status
Connecting Nature's Blessings
We will continue to deliver the blessings of nature to our customers, society, and the future through cutting-edge technology and thorough research and development. We will continue to deliver the blessings of nature to our customers, society, and the future.
- Initiatives to study and improve analytical and evaluation technologies to respond to customer needs, from material exploration to product development
- Holding in-house idea proposal meetings
- Thorough management of patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property
Respect for Human Rights
We respect the human rights of all employees and all those involved in our operations, from raw material procurement to manufacturing and sales, and are committed to contributing to the realization of a society in which everyone can work with fulfillment.
- Human resource development in accordance with aptitudes and values, and enhancement of support systems for career development and skill improvement
- Stipulate respect for fundamental human rights in procurement policies and conduct ongoing awareness-raising activities
Improvement of work-life balance through promotion of work style reforms, such as enhancement of leave systems and reduction of long working hours by improving work efficiency
(Certified as a Hiroshima Prefecture Company Practicing Workplace Reforms: 2017)
Ensure and improve quality and safety
Through the establishment and continuous improvement of a system for ensuring and improving quality and thorough management of safety, we will stably deliver reliable products that customers can use with peace of mind.
- Establishment of a quality control department and thorough quality inspections
- Manufacturing of main products in GMP-compliant plants
- Acquisition of ISO 9001:2015 certification for tertiary plants and related departments
- Thorough environmental and health risk assessment from the design stage
Contribution to the community
As a company that practices "Work locally, Think globally", we will deliver new value from Onomichi to the world and contribute to the sustainable development of local communities.
- Planning and sales of "Onomichi Kenzenkan Series" delivered directly to local consumers
- Donation of Onomichi Kenzenkan Series drinks to elementary schools in Onomichi City
- Donations for construction of Onomichi City Hall
- Aggressive capital investment in the Onomichi area and active ordering to local companies
Selected as a "Regional Future Leading Company" by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2017)